Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Your favourite alien race from the Stargate series?  (Read 1638 times)

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
Your favourite alien race from the Stargate series?
« on: August 25, 2019, 09:53:25 AM »

My favourite race is the Goa’uld :)

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.
Re: Your favourite alien race from the Stargate series?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 01:11:04 PM »

That is a really good pic

My favourite, is of course, the Asgard, loved their ships as well, the O'Neill was the best, hated when they offed themselves  MK

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 132
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 10:53:35 PM »

Except of course the Goa'uld ... the Asgards definitely

MzArchivist

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • MzArchivist A new starter.
  • Out of My Frakking Mind
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 02:47:12 AM »

The Asgard are definitely a favorite. I also like the Sarrakin. I see this species as the first to join in the SGC, as in full participation.

Personal Motto: "He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."

- Raymond Hull

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 07:07:17 AM »

Yes, i liked them as well

I also liked Todd, I particularly loved his interactions with the Tauri, the Wraith. as a whole wern't too bad, but I wouldn't say it was a favourite

One race I did not like were The Travellers, altho I have to thank them as that is where Ronon  got that brilliant gun

Also liked Baal, he could have gone places, he was funny and clever, but screwed up, cause the Tauri have always got to win
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 07:17:12 AM by Teddy »

MzArchivist

• Airman
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 03:03:50 PM »

Yes, i liked them as well

I also liked Todd, I particularly loved his interactions with the Tauri,

Todd's an interesting character portrayed by the talented actor Christopher Heyerdahl.

We see him as human in the SG1 episode Revisions. He also portrayed Bigfoot / John Druitt / Jack the Ripper in Sanctuary (Also along side SG 1 alum Amanda Tapping)

the Wraith. as a whole weren't too bad, but I wouldn't say it was a favourite

Except for that massive force of drone soldiers. Oh yeah- and that sucking out your life force thing.

One race I did not like were The Travellers, altho I have to thank them as that is where Ronon  got that brilliant gun.

Ronin had that awesome gun when he first arrived on scene. There was a collection of scenes with Shepard testing Ronin's skills. In one, Shepard let him try an Earth weapon- then Ronin showed off his, with better results.

If I recall right, in a later episode where he went to his home world. We were treated to flash backs and saw his comrades with similar weapons.

If the Travelers had them too, more than likely, they picked up the weapons in their travels.

Also liked Baal, he could have gone places, he was funny and clever, but screwed up, cause the Tauri have always got to win.

Ba'al was the ideal pain in the arse bad guy. The kind we love to hate and hate to love. And then they made those clones. Yup, IMO, that's one of the dumbest parts of the Ba'al story.

I think the only thing dumber was how they decided to finally end ole what's his name.... Apophis. As death of super villains go, despite how explosive as it was, it was pretty lame.

It seems to have become a cliche- can't figure out how to end a story line so the story can move on- blow'em up.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 03:08:39 PM by MzArchivist »
Personal Motto: "He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."

- Raymond Hull

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 03:17:59 PM »

Well at least his death showed how evil and dangerous the replicators could be. And I mean just having him be shot would have been boring. What was really disappointing was Sokar’s death. They didn’t even get to meet him. But hey least Apophis got to show off his skills and stuff.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 02:08:49 AM »

I thought Sheppard asked Ronon where he got it and he said nothing, and then when Sheppard and Larrin were on the Travellers ship Sheppard got one of the guns and said , 'So this is where he got the gun'
If it was from Sateda, surely Ronon would have just said yes, it was well within his vocabulary lol

MzArchivist

• Airman
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 08:11:54 AM »

It may have been in his vocabulary but Ronin is a man of few words, as in volunteering information about himself.

- Raymond Hull

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 06:23:11 PM »

I must admit that the Stragoth are a fascinating race, the only one that really defeats humans, much better than the goa'uld for infiltration

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 96
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 12:11:21 PM »

I like the Reol....for several reasons. They're not the best, but I think the underrated alien race that we only see once and mentioned at least twice? I feel bad for them cause I think they could have had potential. They had promise and the writers just seem to forgot them for the rest of the Stargate.
Don't let anyone ruin your vibe. Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Hope is the only feeling left when you're lost miles away from home...we'll return. Someday.

Whenever you're feeling sad, just remember the good things and be happy. Don't fall by the wayside.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 07:27:54 AM »

Reols are one of the interesting breeds, although they have had very little space. A bit like the Re'tou, scarcely seen and explored

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 08:15:37 AM »

As I rewatched Atlantis I really got to like the Wraith, I also read The Legacy books and they gave the Wraith more indepth character than Atlantis was able to, so I am now a big fan of the Wraith

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 96
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 04:09:01 AM »

As I rewatched Atlantis I really got to like the Wraith, I also read The Legacy books and they gave the Wraith more indepth character than Atlantis was able to, so I am now a big fan of the Wraith

I mean, if you get past their victim's bloodcurdling scream as they get their life sucked through the hands-on their chests, sure...  :P

:Poke
Don't let anyone ruin your vibe. Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Hope is the only feeling left when you're lost miles away from home...we'll return. Someday.

Whenever you're feeling sad, just remember the good things and be happy. Don't fall by the wayside.

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal