Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: UNS Dreadnought BB-16 Medical Division sub level 3 alpha  (Read 10136 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
  • Reputation Power: 362
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: UNS Dreadnought BB-16 Medical Division sub level 3 alpha
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2018, 01:53:53 PM »

>>To Atlantis Base Lena and Cate>>

>>Elle to Bridge>>

"Aye it did Carrie, it did." Ruby let out her own sigh, waited for everyone to go then sought out the nearest bed to lay down for however long it took for her head to stop thumping. Yes, she lied to her CMO.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:08:46 PM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »

Stretching out on her chair, Elena allowed herself another yawn and went fully awake, getting mentally ready for another beaming exercise.

"We had read different books then, Cate. We are out on a sortie, so for me it still means captain's absolutism. It can't be otherwise, call it a clash of cultures, if you want, but it'll bug me till the end of my days... And I don't remember a single day when your arse would not be sore..."

Redhead waved back at Elle and she did not have to sniff herself to know that she needs a good wash as the beaming light took them all down to Atlantis.

<<To Atlantis>>

Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • NG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has Ascended
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2019, 06:21:00 AM »

*radio*
“Dreadnought medical, Forster. Svensson here. How are things holding up at your place? Over.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2019, 01:17:08 PM »

<Staff rec room>

The signal was filled with static, not unusual since Atlantis had no satellites in orbit to relay the radio coms. With ship hiding in this deep valley communications were going to be iffish at best. "I'm doing well Carrie. It is though kind of sleep inducing, read mind numbingly boring. I've had just one patient through here since you left and I had to make excuses to keep him here to stop from going insane from the boredom. So....that's me day, how's yours?" Even as of now she was on the verge of putting her head on the table and falling asleep.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has Ascended
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2019, 06:20:09 AM »

*radio*

~static~ “Boring is good, Ruby. Means that no one is getting hurt, right? As for me, I’ve stretched my legs in neurosurgery of all things. More nerve-racking than I like, so definitely not boring in my end. Look, what’s with the bad line anyway? What’s happening up there?” ~static~

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2019, 02:23:11 PM »

Well yes there was that. Quiet for the medical section meant you can catch up on those things you were always putting off to do. Like sorting out medical cabinets, correcting labeling medicine drawers, those small tasks that somehow managed to slip by unnoticed. "Right, except me writin hand. Still as I've always been told it's gainful employment ain't it. And that static you be hearin is because the ship is sittin on its belly deep in a valley here on the mainland somewhere south." Neurosurgery, now that was good news. "Delvin into the old cranium! Now that is a medal to pin on yer wall Carrie, congratulations. You'd be better tellin me about it more when we're in same room. How is it for you back there otherwise?"

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2019, 05:59:27 AM »

*radio*

~static~“You went through the atmosphere?! Wow, I wish I could have seen that, but anyway, from the looks of things something is going on. I mean, you’ve landed and we have marines by the doors.” ~static~ “Look, I don’t think I could get to your place with anything less than high jacking a jumper, so all I can do is to sit back and see what happens. Keller is on a briefing right now, so hopefully I know more in a bit about what’s going on in my end. Let me know if anything changes, alright?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »

Of course she did, well and the rest of the ship naturally. "Aye we did Carrie, although I s'pose ye'd have to be on the bridge or somewhere near a window to see much of it. I just felt all the shakin going on." Luckily she was never affected by motion sickness. "I can only agree sayin the same to you and take it as a given that if I need ya, you'll be hearing from me quick smart, take care Carrie. I dunno what is in store for us, but let's pray we come through with no harm. Talk again soon."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2019, 05:20:00 AM »

*radio*

~static~“Good, talk more laters then. Svensson out.”~static~

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2019, 04:40:57 AM »

>> From Atlantis Cafeteria >>

As soon as Carrie got back to the Med bay, she gathered the staff to give them a short briefing about what they were up against. It wasn’t a lot of intel she had to share, but at least it would get them started in the right direction in terms of possible quarantine protocols to prevent any infections to spread  through out the ship if bad came to worse.
Then again, as one of the nurses said, they’d been able to keep the ‘zombie-virus’ at bay a few weeks ago, this would probably be like a walk in the park.
Carrie wasn’t as confident, but let it go for now and headed to her office to do some last minute preparations herself as she waited for Carson to arrive.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2019, 06:27:46 AM »

Carson appeared quickly, his feet feeling a little unsteady as he waited for the effect of the beaming to wear off and adjust his eyes. When he was able to focus, the look on his face said now here was a medic who stood in awe of his surroundings. "So Carrie lass, this is your office. I have to say I am suitably jealous." How he wished that Atlantis could be so well equipped, just from where he stood he was amazed. One thing stuck him, he could see up one of the main passageways. "Just how big is the Dreadnought? I'm going to get lost aren't I?"

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2019, 03:12:14 AM »

< CMO office >

Carrie looked left to right down the hallway, “It is huge! The first week was a bit of a challenge, but after that… well, there’s a lot of people to ask when you get lost. Come on, let’s have a seat in my borrowed office… and just for the record – I’ll change my state of the art MRI-unit at the SGC for your ancient scanner any day. Sure, there are some cool stuff lying around here too, but it isn’t even close to what you have down there.”
She led the way in to the small-ish cabin that ran for an office, the post-it note on the name tag just outside the door with her name on it still covering Mike’s, and made a motion towards the chairs opposite her.
“Please, have a seat and tell more about what we’re dealing with. Apparently you’re not infected nor did you bring anything that is contagious back with you or it would have triggered Atlantis’ security system, right?”
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:14:51 AM by NG »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2019, 11:12:30 AM »

Like a veritable owl Carson's head turned from one direction to another, whipping back the other way when he thought he might have missed something, then back again finally to follow on with Carrie. The man was impressed that had to be said even if he was drawing on memories that weren't technically his. Yet in the sense of being a clone of the original ethically he had to concede that there is no real moral guidelines on the issue which is why he never gave it much thought until moments like this. There were many times he felt he was cheating, until Ronon told him flatly once with Rodney backing him up, he was Carson and he had to stop doubting himself. There were days though.

The chair was as expected, typical Air Force stores, hard, straight backed though still in a way comfortable. He spun it around to drop himself in squarely. Right into it then. "Please Carrie." The hands went up in defence. "Aye the Ancients left some miraculous toys around for sure, but they aren't ours and sometimes I feel like we're little kids using our parents gadgets. Do you know what I mean. I'd really like to see how far we mere humans can push our own technology so I'll do this and I'm sure Jennifer will agree. We'll get some scanners to you, if you can put in a good word for us so we can acquire some better equipment of our own."

Then he became serious, hands between his knees as he leaned forward. "I thought it was common Rubeola, nothing worked and we did try everything. The issue that confused me was that it wasn't just the young, right up to the elderly were getting it. At first Jennifer and I thought we may have introduced it somehow, we scanned every one of our personnel who had been there over the last few months, we came up empty, no one was a carrier. Vitamin A  deficiency was ruled out within days; we've tried everything and yes we even manufactured our own MMR vaccine to no avail." He felt the ship move, they had jumped into hyper space. Ignoring that he pressed on. "It's definitely a member of the Paramyxovirus family, but not one that I've ever encountered before."

<<To MT4-U67>>
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal