Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Grimm: Twin Falls  (Read 1166 times)

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
Grimm: Twin Falls
« on: July 23, 2018, 08:39:00 AM »

Grimm: Twin Falls

Chapter 1: A Different Tale
###
Emily looked up from her table as she sat outside a small take away store across from the food market in the middle of the day. Having recently turned twenty five she had decided to move to the glamorous city of Twin Falls to better hone her hunting skills and better earn her independence. Not long after arriving she had already found something to focus on, one man in the city had not failed to attract her attention. The recognisable figure was just now leaving the supermarket with a bag of groceries, she knew though that he was nothing more than a target to her, he had to be killed.

She rose from her chair and subtly made her way toward the man who had now opened his trunk to lay the bags inside. Emily pulled out a sharp steel blade carved in German, her prey was right there waiting for her to strike. As she moved to stab the man in the back she suddenly found her arm frozen in place, it wasn’t fear or hesitation but some unknown force holding her weapon back.

“I was wondering when you were going to make a move.” said the man still looking down into his trunk.

Emily looked up frightened that she may have finally underestimated her prey, she immediately threw her other arm out but the man turned too fast and grabbed her arm pulling her in close. At first her eyes looked upon the eyes of another human but shortly the decayed and decrepit form of a Zauberbiest emerged, the dead eyes looking her over before shifting back into the human shell that continued to hide the creatures true self from the world.

“I’ve had enough of this.” he said moving to the side and swinging her into the trunk with the groceries.

“No!” she cried as the trunk door slammed down on top of her.

This was it, she had underestimated a Zauberbiest and was now being taken to god knows where. She held her dagger still as she promised herself he wouldn’t be quick enough to stop her from using it when her next chance came.

The black sedan rolled to a stop as the sound of water nearby gave her the impression the Zauberbiest intended to use the water to dispose of her. A few moments later the trunk popped open allowing her chance to leap up and stab the mysterious wesen but the dagger instead flew from her hand into that of the Zauberbiest.

“Enough Grimm.” he said dropping the blade.

“Why won’t you die!” Emily yelled leaping onto the Zauberbiest forcing him to the ground in surprise.

She found herself pushed back as her body slammed against the black sedan behind her. “If it’s rough you want then fine.”

She got up quickly throwing a punch at the Zauberbiest, he caught her arm and bent it as she was forced to the ground in pain. Her other arm came up and hit the Zauberbiest in the stomach causing him to groan and slouch in pain. Looking around she noticed they were at the Perrine bridge but before she could figure out what to do a hand slapped her face sending her back once more.

“Please tell me you’ve had enough.” Emily getting herself up leapt toward the Zauberbiest and kicked him forcing him into the ground instead.

“You’re messing up my suit.” said the Zauberbiest rubbing the grass off his back as he remained crouched near the edge of the cliff.

She picked the blade up from the ground looking at it and then back at the crouched Zauberbiest that seemed more worried about his clothes than he was being attacked by a Grimm.
She leapt once more to kick him off and the cliff and let gravity do the work for her but a telekinetic force sent her sailing over the Zauberbiest’s head and over the side of the cliff edge. Emily for a moment feels the fate she had planned for the Zauberbiest would be her own but her fall is stopped by the same invisible force having grabbed her leg, she found herself being dragged back up, saved by the same creature she had just been trying to kill.
She hit the grass hard as she quickly rolled to see the Zauberbiest still crouched gazing upon her.

“Why?” she asked him not understanding why a Zauberbiest would want to save a Grimm.

“Because I know why you’re here, it’s not me you want.” he said breathing heavily.

###

“I seriously doubt that.” Emily said continuing to grip the dagger tightly as she too remained crouched on the ground but ready to spring up at any moment.

“Who told you to kill me?” the Zauberbiest asked appearing to be interested in discussing his own assassination.

“I’m assuming it was a Klaustreich named Samuel, you know you shouldn’t trust them right?”

“So you know my contact, they have good reason to want you dead after all the people you’ve killed.”

“They were goons sent to kill me, Samuel is apart of the blue scale mob trying to put me out of business!” the Zauberbiest was either an excellent liar or was telling the truth.

“Let’s say I believe you, you’re still a Zauberbiest.” she didn’t know much about Zauberbiests but had been told, had seen how horrific their appearance was.

“My name is Nathan, I know how this looks but I would never harm an innocent person or Wesen, I can prove it to you and I can prove that Samuel is who I say he is.” Nathan said as if pleading with her to give him a chance.

“You kidnapped me!” she yelled out at him as she stood up.

“Well you’re about as subtle as a twister.” he said brushing himself off as he stood up with her.

“Come with me and I’ll drive you back.” he said moving towards the driver side of his car.

It was possible this was some weird mind game but he had saved her life and so she guessed giving him a chance was logical. “Try anything and I will kill you.”

She climbed into the seat next to him noticing the interior was just as black as the exterior of the vehicle. The leather car seats were comfortable but she refused to relax not trusting Nathan for a second, she clipped her seatbelt in as the engine roared to life.
Nathan began driving off the dirt road onto the sealed road as he began driving back to their part of the city.

“So where are we going?” Emily asked realising she had no idea of where he was taking her.

“To pay Samuel a visit.” he said sinisterly scanning the road.

###

It was now the afternoon as the pair pulled up outside one of the many bars that lay across the city. Nathan had no idea how Samuel had found himself a Grimm but would remember to save such questions until he dealt with the situation of having a target on his head. The scuffle with the Grimm while having been sort of fun had only been a matter of luck, if Samuel had hired someone more experienced it would have possibly have been a lot more bloody.

“What’s your name anyway?” he asked her having spent much of the time in silence.

“Emily.” the Grimm seemed little more than a girl dressed in a white shirt and blue jeans, it was odd to find a Grimm that wasn’t working for someone more powerful and his guess was something  in her life had gone very wrong.

“This is the Wesen bar I was telling you about, try not to kill anyone, it only draws unwanted attention.” he opened the car door and climbed out realising the day was passing by quickly.

“Stay behind me, I promise you I won’t lay a hand on Samuel.” he opened the door to the bar revealing a number of unwary humans and mysterious Wesen inside, sure enough in the back was a large bearded man named Samuel.

A couple Wesen cleared out realising a Grimm had entered the bar, the rest simply eyed them suspiciously as if they were all itching for a fight. Samuel sat with two women on either side of him that he could only assume weren’t related. His gaze fell first upon the Grimm that made a look of curiosity appear on his face, it was quickly replaced by fear as it fell upon the form of a recognisable Zauberbiest.

“Nathan, you shouldn’t be here.” Samuel said trying to keep cool despite being visibly concerned by the newest arrival.

“I don’t know Samuel, I’ve heard you’ve been talking about me behind my back.”

“Look it’s nothing personal Nathan, just business.” Samuel said putting on a confused charade.

“Look Samuel I know you’re working for Mason but you should know better then to mess with me.” Nathan placed his hands on the table and leaned closer to the Klaustreich.

The beard receded as the skin sprouted fur and sharp teeth, the Klaustreich snarled causing Nathan to return in kind as the corpse like appearance of his own woge occurred. The two turned back once more tucking their inner beasts under their human skin.

“I think it’s best that you left before you overstay your welcome Nathan.” the feline Wesen said easing back into his chair.

“Maybe you would like to take this outside then.” Nathan said considering going back on his promise to the Grimm.

“Uh Nathan it’s probably best that we leave.” said Emily uneasily drawing his attention.

Behind them now stood two scaly Skalengeck dressed in black suits, Nathan knew that the bar owner must have sent them down to see them out. Nathan wasn’t however about to leave without making his point clear.

“Please give us a moment.” he said to the two behind him.

“It’s time to leave Zauberbiest.” the one on the left said placing his hand on Nathan’s right shoulder.

“We were just going.” Emily said deciding that she wasn’t interested in getting into a fight with these Wesen right now.

“Get your hand off me Skalengeck.” Nathan said annoyed that such a lowly Wesen would lay a hand upon him.

“Let’s get rid of this shambling corpse.” the other said sounding annoyed at the stubbornness the uninvited guest was showing.

Nathan grabbed the Skalengeck and lifted it over him smashing him through the table in front of him scaring the two women off as Samuel himself got up and woged, snarling furiously at Nathan. Emily hit the other Skalengeck in the head sending him collapsing to the ground. Samuel plunged upward grappling Nathan to the ground as patrons all focused on the commotion now making up the majority of the noise in the bar. Samuel clawed Nathan across his chest but was thrown backward by Nathan’s powers sending the Klaustreich back over the now broken table.

“That’s enough Nathan.” came another voice that he recognised.

Nathan turned to see a Murciélago and a Siegbarste looking upon him from the corner. “Nolan, I didn’t know you owned this place.”

“Bought it just last month.” the slightly older longer haired man stepped forward.

“Didn’t think you would do something like this though, if I had I would have hired an extra Siegbarste.

The Siegbarste beside him showed no sign of considering the joke humorous but Nathan himself let out a small chuckle. “Samuel here decided to put a hit on me so I thought I would pay him a visit.”

“Well take it outside and quit ruining my business.”

The two Skalengeck and Emily moved out of the way as Nathan grabbed Samuel by the collar and dragged the Klaustreich towards the exit. “I’ll send you a cheque.”

Emily stood by as Nathan looked over the slumped Samuel that now lay against the brick wall having surrendered. “You said that Mason was behind this?”

“He wanted to put you out of business permanently, I was only the middleman.” Samuel said rubbing his head.

“Fine, I’ll forgive you this once but only because you’ve brought to my attention something more important then your life.”

“What’s that?” Samuel asked confused.

“A nonaligned Grimm.” Nathan replied watching  Emily’s stunned reaction.

A/N This fanfiction now and once completed is dedicated to my girlfriend who without her I wouldn’t even know the existence of this show.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 132
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
Re: Grimm: Twin Falls
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:13:53 AM »

It is always a pleasure to read you :yes:

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal