Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: I Love This Bar  (Read 998 times)

GateGirl

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GateGirl A new starter.
I Love This Bar
« on: June 01, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »

Title: I Love This Bar
By: Jennifer
Category: Song Fic
Summary: A singing drunk Jack O’Neill
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: unfortunately the sad fact of my life is that I do not own nor know Stargate or any of its affiliates or Jack O'Neill, Sam Carter, Daniel Jackson, or Teal'c or any of them for that matter...nor do i own any rights to the Toby Keith song...this is just for amusement purposes only so I hope you enjoy
Authors Notes: just wanna thank Pharah for the good beta work…thanks bunches J…please do not steal and if you wish to borrow please ask
Copyright: (c)2004jenniferreader

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, Jonas, how long does a party like this last?” Jack asked his alien friend as he smelled the beverage in his cup.
         “What’s the matter, Sir?” Sam asked. “Don’t you like parties?”
         “It’s not that I don’t like them, Major,” Jack began, “I just don’t want to stay longer than I have to.”
         “Don’t worry, Colonel,” Jonas said. “It’ll be over by dawn.”
         “Great,” Jack said taking a sip from his cup. “Not bad. You guys should try this.”
         Daniel took a sip of his and asked, “What is it?”
         “It’s what you call beer,” Jonas said.
         “Like I said, not bad,” Jack repeated taking another drink. “We’re here to have a good time, Carter; don’t be afraid to try it.”
         “Yes, sir,” Carter said.
         “And stop with the ‘sir’,” Jack ordered. “We’re not on duty.”
         “Of course…Jack,” Carter said.
         “So have fun,” Jack said getting up and walking away as his friends looked at each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Jack, I think you’ve had enough to drink,” Daniel said taking away Jack’s cup.
         “I believe O’Neill has consumed too much alcohol,” Teal’c observed.
         “Yeah,” Daniel agreed as Jack picked up Daniel’s cup and drank its contents.
         “Should we not get Colonel O’Neill back to the SGC?” Teal’c asked. “Have Dr. Fraiser look after him.”
         “He just needs rest, Teal’c,” Sam stated.
         “Hey, Jonas,” Jack said.
         “Colonel,” Jonas said.
         Jack smiled then started singing, “We got winners, we got losers, chain smokers and boozers, we got yuppies, we got bikers, and thirsty hitchhikers, and the girls next door dress up like movie stars, hmm hmm hmm, I love this bar… ”
         They all looked at him.
         “Jack, we’re not in a bar,” Daniel reminded him.
         “We’re not?” Jack asked confused looking around.
         “No, Sir,” Carter added.
         “Well ain’t that something,” Jack said.
         “Why don’t we get you back to the SGC,” Daniel suggested.
         “What for?” Jack asked.
         “So you can rest, Sir,” Sam replied.
         “Sam, stop with the ‘sir’,” Jack ordered again.
         “Sorry,” Sam apologized and Jack got up.
         “I’m fine so stop worrying,” Jack said walking to the middle of the room. “I know when I’ve had too much booze.” They all just looked at him and he started singing again, “We got cowboys, we got truckers, brokenhearted fools and suckers, and we got hustlers, we got fighters, early birds and all nighters, and the veterans talk about their battle scars, hmm hmm hmm, I love this bar…”
         “O’Neill I believe it is time to go,” Teal’c said.
         “Sing with me, Big Guy,” Jack said putting an arm around Teal’c. “I love this bar, it’s my kind of place, just walking through the front door puts a big smile on my face.” Jack smiled. “It ain’t too far, come as you are, hmm hmm hmm, I love this bar…”
         “Jack, you’re drunk,” Daniel pointed out.
         “Daniel.”
         “Jack.”
         “Daniel.”
         “Jack.” They looked at each other. “You had more to drink than Sam and I combined.”
         “What?”
         “What?”
         “Colonel, let’s go,” Sam cut in before they went all night with the ‘what’ game.
         “Now, Carter; I’m the C.O.,” Jack stated. “I say when we go.”
         “You are not well enough to make such orders,” Teal’c said.
         “I’ve seen short skirts, we’ve got high techs,” Jack continued with his song. “Blue collared boys and rednecks, and we got lovers, lots of lookers…” O’Neill looked at Sam and winked and she, Daniel, Teal’c, and Jonas looked at each other. “And I’ve seen dancing girls and hookers, and we like to drink our beer from a mason jar, hmm, hmm, hmm…”
         “I love this bar!” the Kelownians chimmed in and Jack smiled while looking at the others.
         “Daniel, back me up,” Jack said and continued to sing. “I like my truck!”
         He looked at Daniel and Daniel repeated, “I like my truck.”
         Daniel knew if he didn’t sing along Jack would never shut up.
         “I like my girlfriend!” Jack sang.
         “I like my girlfriend,”  Daniel repeated just for Jack.
         “Sir, you don’t have a girlfriend,” Carter reminded him.
         “I’m having a moment, Carter,” Jack said smiling and continued with the song. “I like to take her out to dinner, I like a movie now and then, but I love this bar…”
         “It’s my kind of place,” Daniel took over, getting into the song, and Jack smiled as Teal’c cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. Jonas and Sam looked at each other and shrugged. “Just trollin’ round the dance floor, puts a big smile on my face…”
          Teal’c and Jack joined him, “No cover charge, come as you are, hmm hmm hmm, I love this bar!”
          The Kelownians joined in, including Jonas, “Hmm hmm hmm, I love this bar!”
          They all smiled at Sam as she looked at them and shook her head. Never again was she going to agree to go to a party on another planet with her team where alcoholic beverages were served; especially if there is no escape.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:52:26 PM by GateGirl »
~*~Jenn~*~

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
  • Reputation Power: 362
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: I Love This Bar
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 07:08:11 AM »

:lol: :yes:

Awesome Jen! Loved it, now you have spoiled me............ more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

GateGirl

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GateGirl A new starter.
Re: I Love This Bar
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:33:52 PM »

did you read my other two? I've been wanting to write another stargate fic but haven't gotten around to it
~*~Jenn~*~

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal