Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: If a new Stargate franchise was created  (Read 3549 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
  • Reputation Power: 362
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: If a new Stargate franchise was created
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 01:31:38 PM »

Technically he'd be forced to retire; Jack's age was mirrored by RDA'a own age and thus by 2020 he'd be 70. Unless Air Force changed their policy, 65 is still the cut off age. Sadly.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MzArchivist

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • MzArchivist A new starter.
  • Out of My Frakking Mind
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 01:40:34 AM »

Right, of course - if we're talking RPG, they could pick up right after a specific season. A TV show, not so much- considering the age of the cast. RDA will be 70 on Jan 23.
Personal Motto: "He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."

- Raymond Hull

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »

Stargate will forever go down as one of the best shows ever made. That’s how it’s done.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2019, 10:51:20 AM »

Right, of course - if we're talking RPG, they could pick up right after a specific season. A TV show, not so much- considering the age of the cast. RDA will be 70 on Jan 23.

There is much for you to see then @MzArchivist . Our current game is set in 2011 of which we are now in a TVesque season 13. Jack is very happily still with us.

Stargate will forever go down as one of the best shows ever made. That’s how it’s done.

Now if only the powers that be at MGM could act on that sentiment.

MzArchivist

• Airman
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 09:45:56 AM »

There is much for you to see then @MzArchivist . Our current game is set in 2011 of which we are now in a TVesque season 13. Jack is very happily still with us.

Would if I could. Joining another fan site and conversing with others is one thing. I can't, and I'm sure folks here with agree or at least understand this. I can't justify participating in another RPG site's game while my own are sadly lacking; or is that slacking?

Now if only the powers that be at MGM could act on that sentiment.
[/quote]

Yes it will, and many fans think that those powers that be should give us that movie showing the gate going public on Earth. And thus close the SG-1 scenario.
Personal Motto: "He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."

- Raymond Hull

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2019, 10:17:35 AM »

I think Mzarchivist's  idea of Zelenka Felger Coombs etc, working together is a great idea, what a great team, also love the idea of Cam being commander of SGC, perfect job for him, I know the Asgard are dead but the Pasgard are alive, so they would present a challenge.

As for Atlantis, i know it is on Earth and they probably do not want it to leave, that much power, they would never agree to it, so i thought it might be fun if the old crew worked with a new crew and stole the bugger :P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:30:58 AM by Teddy »

MzArchivist

• Airman
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 11:59:52 PM »

Right, get it back to Pegasus as it is probably the best instrument against the wraith.
And don't forget the zats, wraith may be difficult to kill but I don't see them surviving that 3rd shot.

- Raymond Hull

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.Teddy has an aura about them.
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 01:33:32 AM »

Good idea, I would love to see a story where they did that.    Wouldn't a grenade launcher also do the job?

Troy

• First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • Troy has an aura about them.Troy has an aura about them.Troy has an aura about them.Troy has an aura about them.Troy has an aura about them.Troy has an aura about them.Troy has an aura about them.Troy has an aura about them.Troy has an aura about them.Troy has an aura about them.
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2019, 10:43:42 AM »

Wouldn't mind seeing John Billingsley back in a SciFi Franchise.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 96
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 10:52:02 AM »

John Billingsley was good as Coombs. They didn't explore his character enough. It'd be cool to show him again. I feel like he was underrated and they just showed him in a couple episodes and then just threw him away.
Don't let anyone ruin your vibe. Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Hope is the only feeling left when you're lost miles away from home...we'll return. Someday.

Whenever you're feeling sad, just remember the good things and be happy. Don't fall by the wayside.

MzArchivist

• Airman
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »

Coombs on Atlantis ?

- Raymond Hull

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
  • Reputation Power: 362
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 01:18:31 PM »

I'm trying to imagine what Sheppard would use instead of a lemon on Felger. Coombs was okay as a geek, he didn't though seem to have that child like wonder of all things that Jay did.  :yes:

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2019, 01:37:15 PM »

Is Felger allergic to cheese? I know an allergy to cheese is no laughing matter, but I was thinking dangle a crumble of feta cheese and Felger would have a fit about how having cheese would kill him...  >(

He isnt really though  :mwahaha

Character List

Hope is the only feeling left when you're lost miles away from home...we'll return. Someday.

Whenever you're feeling sad, just remember the good things and be happy. Don't fall by the wayside.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 132
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2022, 05:24:48 AM »

Did I hear there is a reunion planned for a new series? Is it confirmed or is it just yet another false story running on the net?

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2022, 06:04:06 AM »

We need a Dreadnaught based Stargate series unlike Stargate Universe. That ship would explore the galaxies between Earth and New Atlantis while discovering new planets and new threats.

Character List

Pages: 1 [2] 3

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal