Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Will there be a 4th series?  (Read 3083 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
  • Reputation Power: 362
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Will there be a 4th series?
« on: March 21, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 96
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
Re: Will there be a 4th series?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 11:51:47 AM »

They better be and I would be so happy to watch the fourth SG series from any streaming channels. It'll be fine. I like Netflix. Hulu is good but Amazon Prime would be better, but CBS All Access better keep their money grubbing hands off it. They did fine with Star Trek Discovery. I mean, Discovery turned out well. Still, I dislike CBS All access...

But, *ahem* yeah. Hope so. Would like a fourth Season. Eventually. And a movie. That would be cool. Star Trek had like tons of movies. Stargate is no exception. They should have em too. Just gotta...budget.  :sam10
Don't let anyone ruin your vibe. Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Hope is the only feeling left when you're lost miles away from home...we'll return. Someday.

Whenever you're feeling sad, just remember the good things and be happy. Don't fall by the wayside.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 132
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 01:05:54 AM »

You should see what this hypothetical fourth series will do, in case it was never produced :argh!

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
  • Reputation Power: 362
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 12:34:23 PM »

Well it ain't dead yet.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »

Hope is the last to die, but we are also getting old ....

in brackets this is the 2000 post :yes:

DeDarkstar

• Stargate Content Moderator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • DeDarkstar Thumb turning green.DeDarkstar Thumb turning green.
  • "All check. Phasers?"
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 05:17:22 PM »

I really would believe in this rumor but the big problems are :

- The actors are getting old :

This is one of the hardest points cause i dont believe that (even if theire up to) can act for another 100 episodes like in the od times so new Actors are needed an they have to proof themselfs.

- Will it be like the original, Universe or something new? :

It is hard to say how the Show will be made of. There are so many Spin ofs to the franchies and all has a different style.

- is it really worth it?:

Everyone should know that every Show will be developed to harvest money and fame. Today we have a solid Fanbase to the Stargate franchies so a new Stargate show will only made for them and the rest of the sci fi fans. Sci fi is not so popular as was it 10 years ago. Today Streaming and Blockbuster titles rules the Cinemas and TVs. It will be very tough for new Show to proof itsself.

- 4th Show after the failue of Origins ?

Stargate Origins was good but to say the hard truth it gets not so much attention that it deserves. The 10 short episodes are more like a last hopeless try to say "Hey Stargate is still here!". Sadly that this shout fell silent in the middle of the internet.

To conclued my little argumentation - A new Show will have to meet high expactations to proof itsself today. We all se what happened to Indeepandanceday 2 (to show an example) and Origins

It will be tough and cost intensiv but if they make it right with the full ambition they had back in the days it could be the best Revival of the franchies we ever saw
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:19:54 PM by DeDarkstar »

Keep calm and let Carter figure it out !

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 06:00:49 PM »

In my opinion it would be better a trilogy, three films set in the future style star wars :D

Cipherhornet18

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 01:39:49 AM »

Given that anyone with a proper Kickstarter or GoFundMe can get onto Netflix, they could just as easily revive the series for streaming. The support is there, the fan base exists. Hell, they got Mystery Science Theater 3000 a new start, and they're putting up all manner of stuff on Netflix these days. I say they should go for it, because if Star Trek is losing relevance and Star Wars wants to appeal to children and die hard fans only, then Stargate needs to be revived if to show everyone how you can still have sci-fi in the present day. It doesn't need to be dark and gritty like SGU (please god, let SGU die forever...), SG-1 and Atlantis had the ability to not only bring action but also good plots with charm and humor that did not derail a thing.

As for the actors, let's get some fresh blood, but have the originals around from time to time. I don't know what Richard Dean Anderson is up to these days, but I know Amanda Tapping has been in some SciFi shows so she's still finding work. I'm also not sure what Michael Shanks or Christopher Judge are up to, I know Claudia Black is still doing voice acting work for just about any sci-fi set game, and wasn't Ben Browder doing something set in one of the Netflix DC Universe shows? This isn't even getting into Atlantis, where the only one I know who is doing anything else right now is Jason Mamoa as Aqua Man (which I still find humor in, given Aqua Man is also King of Atlantis...)

But like the new Star Wars movies, they shouldn't be afraid to introduce us with new characters, new plot arcs. Take advantage of the world we are in now, what advances can be brought in, but also what advances can be made.

My idea, if I were ever to get to pitch it, would be if you don't want to fret over the intervening years, do a sort of soft reboot. After the loss of the Destiny crew, and the increasingly more volatile tensions on Earth (like remember how things got when Ukraine fell apart...) nations began to pull out of the Program and its purpose was called into question. At first, it was manpower reductions, forcing the mothballing of our fleet, and then realizing how close security was to being violated with how large the Program was getting (in an age of WikiLeaks and Anonymous, the Program could never remain secret), the plug gets pulled. Years later, present day, either an attack happens or a message is released, indicating there is a new threat in the galaxy. Humanity can no longer ignore its role in the universe, and it must make amends with those it abandoned to restore peace and stability.

Khnum

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 05:43:27 AM »

I agree, a hypothetical series could be set even fifty years later if not more ... with flashback certainly with the obvious classically aged and the same plot that has evolved in a similar way to what happened to the Asgard or better still as example the Aschen :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal