Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Posting Format  (Read 1119 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Posting Format
« on: February 03, 2015, 09:20:05 AM »

In order to keep the board looking clean and easy to read, there is a certain way to post IC on this board. You may use either past or present tense, but you must use third person. When typing a post, it should be in story format. Descriptions are your friends. Don't be afraid to use them. But also, don't over use them. Try to keep it interesting.

When typing actions, they are typed normally, like this.

"When speaking, make sure they are in quotations. We also colourise our speech here in order for it to stand out. Please choose a colour for each of your characters and stick with it."

Do not use red, dark red,  maroon, fire brick or crimson. These colours are reserved for NPC's.

'Thoughts must be italicized and in single quotations.'

When leaving one location make sure you embolden the location you are headed to next. Some people even add a link to find the next post easily. Example:

<< To Stargate >>

~Telepathic communications are done inside the tilde format, is italicised and colourised to indicate there is speech happening in some form.~

Lost Worlds has a linear plotline format. This means that your character can only be in one location at a time. It also means that anything happening in another thread is happening at the same general time that it's happening in your own thread unless otherwise indicated in the forum's description or in a post from an Administrator.

There are also no double posts allowed IC. The edit (or, Modify) button is there for a reason. Please use it. The only time double posting is allowed IC is when your character has left a location and returns before anyone else posts in that thread. Another time that double posting has been overlooked is if you've made a general post that your character is doing something and have not left that location/thread and it has been several days since you posted. You can double post in this case, which will alert others to the fact that you have continued with this character.

If you are waiting for someone, simply tap their shoulder in the Official Poking Forum which can be found in the Bulletin Board. Please make sure to wait a decent amount of time before doing this. Do not PM a member if you have not posted in the Official Poking Thread located in Roleplay Discussions and given a reasonable amount of time for  them to respond. A reasonable amount of time would be either a week, or however long it usually is that it takes them to post. Example, if they post about twice a week, then a week's waiting period would be due. If they post every day, give them a few days and so on.

One other exception to the No Double Posting rule is when radios are being used. If your character has posted using the radio and no one else posts in your thread before the other person has posted, you may post again. Remember to copy and paste what was said to your character in your original thread so it reads easily.

OOC content is not allowed in IC posts. Period. If you have something to say in regards to something that was said or done IC, post it in the Roleplay Discussions forum.

The following are sample posts. With a graphic:

Todd walks onto the bridge to find his Sub-Commander discussing the matter at hand with the human. Teyla stands there, ready to act as their Queen once more, calmly allowing him to do so. Todd is less than impressed. ~Is he trying to anger me?~ He glares at the Sub-Commander. "Leave us!!" His tone is clearly unimpressed.

"Teyla, I apologise," He bows at the waist to her, as any wraith would to a real queen. "He was not supposed to be here without my permission." He stands and sweeps on hand in the direction of one of the passageways. "Come. Let us speak privately."

With that, he leads Teyla towards his personal quarters.

<< To Todd's Quarters >>

Without a graphic:

{ Commander Todd }

Todd walks onto the bridge to find his Sub-Commander discussing the matter at hand with the human. Teyla stands there, ready to act as their Queen once more, calmly allowing him to do so. Todd is less than impressed. ~Is he trying to anger me?~ He glares at the Sub-Commander. "Leave us!!" His tone is clearly unimpressed.

"Teyla, I apologise," He bows at the waist to her, as any wraith would to a real queen. "He was not supposed to be here without my permission." He stands and sweeps on hand in the direction of one of the passageways. "Come. Let us speak privately."

With that, he leads Teyla towards his personal quarters.

<< To Todd's Quarters >>
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 01:33:09 PM by Mim »

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal