Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Non-Playable Characters (NPC's)  (Read 983 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Non-Playable Characters (NPC's)
« on: February 04, 2015, 02:59:39 PM »

Non-Playable Characters, better known as NPC's, were originally meant to be things that are required for gameplay but were not people (such as a gate activation or a computer program) but have since come to describe people who are not main characters or Original Characters of the game. Think of them as the background actors on the show. The man that walked by Colonels Sheppard and Carter or the scientist working next to McKay.

To enhance gameplay, minor NPC's can be played within a character's post and this will not be considered controlling another character. So long as there is nothing prolonged and it makes sense. Example:

{ Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard }
{ Kitchen Staff }

John walks into the cafeteria and looks at the staff member putting out the food. "What, no barbequed steaks today?" He asks, feigning disappointment.

"I'll be sure to put the order in on the next dial out to Earth." The man says with a sardonic grin and continues about his work while Sheppard gets his food.

Note that the colour red is used for the speech of the NPC. Ensure that any NPC speech you use is coloured in red. This also means that you cannot choose red as your character's speech colour.

(incomplete)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal