Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Wheel of Time Chat  (Read 13986 times)

Robert Laurel

Re: Wheel of Time Chat
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2018, 02:38:39 AM »

It was an idea.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
  • Reputation Power: 362
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2018, 10:44:24 AM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

We've had the Discord button for this site up for over a year now, the only ones who use it or even go near it is Cipher, me and you  :fp and I can't even begin to think how you would even start to create an RP there? How do you identify who is who? create dummy accounts for characters?

I do like the concept though of the original story we had which was within the book and really quite conceivable in game play. The only thing we lack here is numbers, even  with four of us we're spreading ourselves out way too thinly to do something decent with it, as we'd have to be constantly NPCing other characters. Just one more player would make a difference, two more would be better.

@Robert Laurel
 I know it was, but its more an idea for an AU game really. :)

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2018, 11:27:20 PM »

What we need isn't a matter of numbers, but rather a matter of METHOD. I only evidence this up as an example, but there's a lady on another site I'm on who plays dual parts Player and GM when it's just her and I, or just three people to a thread. By creating Interactive NPCs, introducing in/welcome people into the RP, and occasionally bringing I some drama or conflict, a number of players that might seem dismal elsewhere, actually turns out to be fun.

All we need is an Alpha who can not only RP with usasa player, but also occasionally introduce situations our characters are forced to deal with.

A rowdy drunk outside of a tavern, an Aiel inside a cage suspended from a gibbet at the entrance of a town we enter, a visit to our camp by a kindly lady and her guard, only forthings to turn south QUICK as they reveal themselves to be bandits. A swordsman with a Heron Mark blade who has an attitude about him and shoves roughly into one of the men...

These were the things that created interesting situations. Whether Mat, Rand, Perrin (etc) had to defend themselves, had to avoid conflict only for a conversation to arise about it later, or if they ended up in a compromising position, THAT was what brought the action.

Our issue, in this RP, is that we're moving about rudderless. "Too many Players, not enough GMs". Sadly, I'm unreliable as a GM unless I'm familiar enough with the group to know I could (worst case scenario) go completely crazy with the scenario and still have the support of my fellow RPers. I'm new to LW yet, so even with assurances and a gung ho spirit, I'll still fall short until i have built up a closer rapport with everyone.

So you see, all we need isdirection. Are any of you comfortable throwing wrenches or unexpected incidents in our characters ways, even as the they're also managing their own character?
CHARACTER LIST

• | Maerim Stormcrest (Wheel of Time RP)
--
--
--
--
--

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2018, 11:30:27 PM »

Please pardon my appearance quasi literacy. I don't have the will, this early on a workday, to quarrel with AutoCorrect, but I'll provide explanation if you can't figure out what I meant lol
CHARACTER LIST

--
--
--
--
--

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »

I know what you meant. If we get back into this, as I said on Discord, I and most of the others here prefer to have our cake and eat it to. Meaning when we're on LW, we are able to explore so much else. You will have people in Stargate, others in Regal wars and so on, all on the one board. We are going to get Pacific Rim going again.

That being said, I have an idea. We might be shutting down one game as it hasn't generated much lately, not for quite a while. If I archive that, it will give me more time for this. I need a few days to talk to the others.

Robert Laurel

« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2018, 10:47:41 AM »

I had thought of my setting as an AU RP anyway, but I think that it's the most logical  way that timeline would have went.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2018, 01:09:07 PM »

I'll get onto this Monday when I've caught up with everything, including RL  :)

Robert Laurel

« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »

Mel, could you please set up two AU areas for me: Wheel of Time and Stargate. But I hope that my proposals could become mainstream for SG here.,

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »

Get some volunteers for them Robert, at least two others apart from yourself and I will. No point setting up something if it stands idle. Its easy to do. For you all you need to do is post a proposal and outline for both, here (in separate new topics)

http://lostworldssff.com/index.php?board=397.0

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2023, 10:30:24 AM »

I would like to resume this. I read through the books again and I think this could be really fun!
CHARACTER LIST

--
--
--
--
--

Mim

• Administrator
  • Major General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2023, 06:02:05 AM »

@XARXU Apologies for the late reply. I would dearly love to do this again. Our problem for that at the moment would be numbers. There'd only be you and I. My Mum doesn't have as much time as she used to, and even with three, it'd be hard to do. If we had at least two more, that might make a difference.

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2023, 06:58:09 AM »

@XARXU Apologies for the late reply. I would dearly love to do this again. Our problem for that at the moment would be numbers. There'd only be you and I. My Mum doesn't have as much time as she used to, and even with three, it'd be hard to do. If we had at least two more, that might make a difference.

If the boards were made visible from the main page again, I could do this by myself lol. The fandom practically writes itself! And if 1-player is doable, surely 2-player is doable in the interim, yes?  :yes:
CHARACTER LIST

--
--
--
--
--

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 96
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2024, 05:33:15 AM »

I might try this. I do love Science Fiction and Fantasy combined. I might have a character in mind. That might move this a bit.
Don't let anyone ruin your vibe. Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Hope is the only feeling left when you're lost miles away from home...we'll return. Someday.

Whenever you're feeling sad, just remember the good things and be happy. Don't fall by the wayside.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal